If you have symptoms of fever, cough, and/or difficulty breathing and in the last 14 days, you:
- Have been in close contact with a person known to have COVID-19 OR
- Have recently traveled from an area with widespread or ongoing community spread of COVID-19.
- Seek medical care right away. Before you go to a doctor’s office, emergency room or CofC Student Health Services, call ahead and tell them about your recent travel and your symptoms.
- College of Charleston students may call Student Health Services Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 843.953.5520. After hours, students can call Public Safety dispatch at 843.953.5609.
- Several South Carolina health systems are offering free telehealth options to the public. The following telehealth options are available to anyone experiencing COVID-19 symptoms in South Carolina. In order to access the free consult, use the promo code COVID19.
- College of Charleston faculty and staff should contact their healthcare provider or call the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control at 843.441.1091.
- Avoid contact with others.
- Not travel while sick. Please do not use public transportation or show up at your health care provider without an appointment or prior contact seeking guidance. CofC students should call Student Health Services at 843.953.5520 for guidance.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when coughing or sneezing.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available